Methods to face MS Symptoms
The fatigue emerges in MS patients is the results of the disease itself, disease symptoms alleviating medicines, insomnia, depression, mental and physical efforts (one become tired due to weakness in muscles, difficulty in walking and lack of balance) and infection such as cold or influenza.
Fatigue results in anorexia and limited activity.
In order to confront fatigue:
- Decrease the food volume and increase the number of meals.
- The time intervals between the meals shall not exceed 4 hours.
- Use protein-rich foodstuffs, e.g. cheese, yoghourt, or peanut butter.
- Avoid having sweet desserts.
- Drinking caffeine-contained beverages (coffee, tea, black fizzy drinks) shall be limited, as these beverages cause insomnia, body dehydration, and anger.
Consume solved fibers such as fig, plum, greengage, and brown rice, celery and whole-meal bread.
Preventing Vibration and Tremor:
- Consume calorie-rich foods.
- Drink beverages between your regular meals.
- Have sandwiches instead of soup.
Reducing Urinary Bladder Symptoms
Do not drink caffeine-contained beverages (coffee, tea, back fizzy drinks), artificial sugar (diet drinks), and alcohol.
Do not drink beverages 2 hours prior to physical exercises.
Decreasing the Problems in swallowing Food
- Sit straight, not only upon eating, but also up to 30 minutes after having your meal.
- Eat slowly and chew your food well. It is preferable to use fork instead of spoon. Put the food into your mouth and then place the fork on the table and do not pick up the fork until your mouth is full.
- Decrease the volume of your food.
- Do not talk when there is food inside your mouth.
- Do not chew while your mouth is open.
- Drink a little water while eating.
- Have soft meals instead of dry and fragile ones.
Alleviating Pain prior to Injection
Some people have sweated palms; breath rapidly and even may be transported until the time of injection. In order to prevent the appearance of such symptoms, you should perform deep breathing,
You may perform the following exercises until syringe is prepared for injection:
- Breathe in the lungs with air and count slowly from 1 to 4.
- Keep your breath and count from 1 to 7.
- Breathe out the lungs from air and count from 1 to 8.
These patients suffer from a variety of insomnia which includes the following:
- Early Insomnia: sleeping with difficulty,
- Middle Insomnia: waking up in the middle of the night and having difficulty for sleeping,
- Late Insomnia: getting up very early.
There are a variety of reasons for insomnia among the MS patients, including but not limited to the following:
- Early Insomnia: it occurs due to stress, anxiety and/or pain. The harmful effects of some of drugs may also cause such type of insomnia.
- Middle Insomnia: there is no known reason for such type of insomnia; however, it may be expressed that fatigue during the day may cause this type of insomnia. This type of insomnia may be due to muscles spasm and pain as well as urine excretion.
- Late Insomnia: there is still no proved cause for this type of insomnia. Though lack of being subject to the daylight and sunlight may be the cause of the same.
In order to remove insomnia:
- Be exposed to daylight.
- Seriously avoid consuming caffeine (coffee, tea, and black fizzy drink), alcohol and nicotine during the evening and night.
- Exercise every day.
- Have scheduled sleeping.
- Do not watch TV or read book in the bed.
- Do not lie down on the bed during the day.